May 26th, 2020
MEMO: To all Hand in Hand Parents/Guardians
Re: Update on Hand in Hand Operations with June 1st School Re-Start Plan
On June 1st schools will be open for families who choose to voluntarily have their child(ren) return to in-school instruction. We understand that the schools will receive 50% of students in the building at one time in a pod-like setting with smaller groups of children in each pod. In-class sessions will be for 2 days a week and that classes will operate from 8:30 – 2:30. The teacher will inform the parents what days your child will attend.
I know many of you have questions about when, where and how our Hand in Hand programs will operate with the June 1st opening for the month. Unfortunately, we do not have the answers at this point, I want to reassure you that as we hear the plans from the school district, they will be communicated to you.
The Abbotsford School District are in the midst of finalizing the details of their June 1st Re-Start plan based on the parent responses they received from the parent survey that was sent out last week. We take direction and receive permission from the school district on our program operations.
As of today here is what we are able to share with you regarding Hand in Hand operations for the month of June:
- Parents will be required to do a Daily Health Assessment from either the school or Hand in Hand.
- Terry Fox and Thomas Swift will continue to operate as full day program for those families that have been attending at these sites since March Break.
- Additional Before and After school spaces at these 2 sites will be minimal in order to keep our enrollment numbers within the established COVID-19 group size guidelines.
- Children that remain in our full day programs will not have access to the district in-school days.
- The district day camps offered on the other 3 days is for children of Essential Service Workers only
- Starting June 1st before and after school care will offered 5 days a week for students attending district classes/day camp at the following schools: Alexander, Blue Jay, Godson, Mountain, North Poplar, Prince Charles and Ten Broeck. Hours of operation will be 7am – 8:30am; 2:30pm – 6pm.
- Children that are attending the district 2 day “in-school instruction” will not have the option of attending a Hand in Hand full day program on the other 3 days.
The latest updates will continue to be posted on our website: www.handinhand.ca and on our Facebook page. If you have school related questions, please contact your school principal or teacher. I want to express my deepest gratitude to our Hand in Hand staff, families and our district partners. The amazing efforts and commitment to the health and safety for all while rising to the ever changing challenges of COVID-19 that come our way has not been an easy task.
I honour each and every one of you as we grow in compassion, understanding and patience.
Hand in Hand Child Care Society
October 30, 2020
Hello Hand in Hand families, Below you will find the links for our updated Health Assessment process. When emailing your monthly calendar to email@example.com, please be sure to attach each child’s Health Assessment Waiver for that month. Letter to Families – Updated Health Assesment Monthly Health Assessment Waiver Daily Health Assessment – At Home Resource…
August 20, 2020
Dear Families, Due to the delayed start of school opening for this coming school year, we will not be offering before and after school care at our centres until the first day of school, September 10th. We are unable to offer full day care on September 8th and 9th . Our summer programs will be…
August 11, 2020
See the link posted below for the most recent news on BC’s back to school plan for September. We do not yet know how this will impact Hand in Hand’s programs. Once more information is put foward, we will provide an update to families as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.